Ardagh Glass Transformer Replacement
EME Power Systems recently completed a transformer replacement project at Ardagh Glass in Doncaster. The works involved the replacement of 2No. existing transformers with 2No. new 3MVA Cast Resin transformers. The time frame of the project was extremely tight, with one of the transformers needing to be energised to ensure production could begin as soon as the new furnace was completed.
Due to the lead time of the 3MVA Cast Resin transformers, the delivery date was to be 5 weeks after production was due to begin. As transformers take typically 4 weeks to be transported from the factory to the UK by sea, other options were explored. It was decided to utilise air freight instead, which slashed the delivery time from 4 weeks to 4 days. EME co-ordinated with the air freight shipping company, ensuring all information was provided timely and efficiently, to make sure the transformers were able to board one of only two flights a week from the country of origin.
The transformers arrived on site only a week after leaving the factory, with a few days left to spare before the production date. Our installation teams then worked hard to terminate the HV and LV cabling, and earthing within a quick time frame, to ensure the new transformer could be energised a couple of days before production was due to begin.
We at EME Power Systems understand the pressure companies are under to ensure project time frames and deadlines are met, and we will always do everything we can to ensure our part of the project assists with this.
James Grigg, Electrical Engineer
- Emergency Response to Storm Babet’s Disruption
- Welcoming Samantha Collishaw and Reducing Carbon Footprint
- Considering Voltage Management to Help Cut Bills?
- Graham Haydn-Davies Retirement
- LV Sub-Main Fault
- Cable Joint Failure
- Phil Shaw Retirement
- Directional Drilling
- Pre-Planned Maintenance
- Energy Savings Factsheet
- The Benefits of Carrying Out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- EME Transformer Stock Saves the Day!
- PARTIAL DISCHARGE TESTING
- Storm Franklyn
- Helping to Mitigate the UK Energy Crisis
- EME Power Systems Helps Company To Join The Recycling Effort
- Christmas Time Switchgear Changes
- Out of Hours Peace of Mind
- EME Power Systems Fast Response for Major Food Manufacture
- Importance of Regular Intrusive Maintenance
- NHS Challenge
- Automated Packaging at Malvern Worcestershire
- Christmas Arrives Early
- Challenge Accepted
- Through these uncertain times...
- Hayley Paddock Joins EME Power Systems
- Challenging Times
- Low Carbon Electricity
- Our excellent installation teams complete essential works
- Fast Response
- Essential Maintenance
- Solution to a tricky transformer replacement
- It's A Cut!
- EME Power Systems Quarterly Update
- Infrastructure Upgrade
- EME Power Systems Continue As Normal
- It's Cold Inside
- Double transformer failure leads to double success
- Steve Harrison Joins the Company
- Class Cancelled
- Now For Something Slightly Different
- Go Green and Save Pounds
- Cable Fault Repair
- Time For A Quick Change Around
- Lincoln Prison
- EME Power Systems Renewables
- An Early Summer Break - Out With The Old, In With The New
- EME Power Systems Midweek Break