Now For Something Slightly Different
Wednesday 4th October 2017
Services provided to rectify problem of intermittent fault on actuated circuit breaker.
EME Power Systems have provided Wabtec Rail with HV support services for a number of years, and this year's project was something slightly different.
The Wabtec Rail 25kv overhead test facilty was encountering a number of problems with an intermittent fault on the actuated circuit breaker supplying the 25kv overhead testing facility. After a number of visits by the breaker manufacturer the intermittent fault seemed to keep appearing and couldn't be rectified. EME Power Systems' task was to design a new and improved system and remove the intermittent fault in the system reducing down time and maintenance costs.
EMEPS sourced a new CBR vacuum interrupter and commisioned and installed the equipment in the circuit on the secondary side of the supply transformer, complete with mimic controls and emergency trip protection and connecting the existing Wabtec systems into the control functions.
Chris Twining from Wabtec Rail made this statement on completion of the works:
"Alongside EME Power Systems, we have recently completed a CAPEX project to install a CBR type vacuum interrupter (circuit breaker/switch) to the 25kV test facility to increase the lifespan and improve reliability of the main transformer and associated HV system, subsequently reducing breakdown and maintenance costs significantly. Originally raised in April 2016, there has been significant effort and problem solving to finally have the project successfully completed, so many thanks to those involved."
- Automated Packaging at Malvern Worcestershire
- Christmas Arrives Early
- Challenge Accepted
- Through these uncertain times...
- Hayley Paddock Joins EME Power Systems
- Challenging Times
- Low Carbon Electricity
- Our excellent installation teams complete essential works
- Fast Response
- Essential Maintenance
- Solution to a tricky transformer replacement
- It's A Cut!
- EME Power Systems Quarterly Update
- Infrastructure Upgrade
- EME Power Systems Continue As Normal
- It's Cold Inside
- Double transformer failure leads to double success
- Steve Harrison Joins the Company
- Class Cancelled
- Go Green and Save Pounds
- Cable Fault Repair
- Time For A Quick Change Around
- Lincoln Prison
- EME Power Systems Renewables
- An Early Summer Break - Out With The Old, In With The New
- EME Power Systems Midweek Break