Christmas Time Switchgear Changes
Between Boxing Day bank holiday and New Year's Eve, EME Power Systems replaced 2No. 11kV embargoed oil filled banks of switchgear with modern SF6 equipment.
To cause minimal disruption, we coincided our works with the only time the site was able to shut down for a sufficient amount of time. We liaised with the customer beforehand letting them know the estimated timings for each task, and carried out as much preparation work as possible to ensure to shutdown works could be completed within the given time frame.
We started the works on Monday 27th December, and re-energised both new panels by the morning of the 31st December, allowing the site to begin their start up procedures prior to beginning production on the 3rd January. In total, we carried out 3No. HV straight joints and 11No. HV terminations, replaced 4No. transformer HV boxes, built up a 5No. panel HV board and a 2No. panel HV board, and removed the old switchgear from site.
The project was delivered on time and on budget much to the delight of the customer and following the successful works said:
I’d like to take this opportunity to also thank your guys for the work over Christmas as well as the pre-work beforehand. Nigel, Tom, Shaun, Carl, Steve, Harry, Ryan and yourself were a joy to work with! The professionalism and effort was top class throughout and is a credit to you all.’
Richard Marsh, Project Engineer
I too want to repeat what Richard has said, it was a great experience watching you all work so well. Thank you.’
Oliver Watts, Electrical Co-Ordinator
- The Benefits of Carrying Out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- EME Transformer Stock Saves the Day!
- PARTIAL DISCHARGE TESTING
- Storm Franklyn
- Helping to Mitigate the UK Energy Crisis
- EME Power Systems Helps Company To Join The Recycling Effort
- Out of Hours Peace of Mind
- EME Power Systems Fast Response for Major Food Manufacture
- Importance of Regular Intrusive Maintenance
- NHS Challenge
- Automated Packaging at Malvern Worcestershire
- Christmas Arrives Early
- Challenge Accepted
- Through these uncertain times...
- Hayley Paddock Joins EME Power Systems
- Challenging Times
- Low Carbon Electricity
- Our excellent installation teams complete essential works
- Fast Response
- Essential Maintenance
- Solution to a tricky transformer replacement
- It's A Cut!
- EME Power Systems Quarterly Update
- Infrastructure Upgrade
- EME Power Systems Continue As Normal
- It's Cold Inside
- Double transformer failure leads to double success
- Steve Harrison Joins the Company
- Class Cancelled
- Now For Something Slightly Different
- Go Green and Save Pounds
- Cable Fault Repair
- Time For A Quick Change Around
- Lincoln Prison
- EME Power Systems Renewables
- An Early Summer Break - Out With The Old, In With The New
- EME Power Systems Midweek Break