Time For A Quick Change Around
Friday 12th May, 2017
The quick response allowed the project to be completed earlier than expected and the supply restored 24 hours earlier than anticipated much to the satisfaction of the customer.
On Wednesday 15th February Kris Peplinski received a call from one of our low voltage contractors, Home Counties Electrical, to attend site to look at replacing some low voltage tailing at FH Brundle.
On arrival it was apparent that the transformer had seen better days with a number of oil leaks and rust patches. The decision was taken to change the transformer to a new Eco tier 1 unit; the only problem was finding a transformer ready for installation in a week's time. EME Power Systems has extensive contacts with transformer manufacturers and suppliers and, although a usual lead time would be 10-12 weeks, a transformer was sourced, ordered and ready for delivery for Friday 24th February @ 5pm.
The installation team arrived on site early on the Friday as the obsolete earthing system required upgrading and a new set of low voltage tails prepared for the install later that day. At 5pm, with the 11Kv isolated and earthed, the transformer was removed from the 11Kv system and the new unit sited ready for the morning.
First thing on Saturday morning the team was back on site to complete the HV connections and install and terminate the new low voltage tailing. Home Counties Electrical Services removed an existing LV Switch Panel, installing a new 1600amp LV Switch Panel working alongside our EME Power Systems team who installed the 630mm supply cables to the new panel - all whilst the HV works were being carried out. The project was completed by early evening on the Saturday and the supply restored 24 hours earlier than anticipated much to the satisfaction of the customer.
Andy Valaydon (Home Counties Electrical Services) said "I was surprised at how quickly EME Power Systems sourced and installed the transformer, and was impressed with their level of craftsmanship."
- The Benefits of Carrying Out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- EME Transformer Stock Saves the Day!
- PARTIAL DISCHARGE TESTING
- Storm Franklyn
- Helping to Mitigate the UK Energy Crisis
- EME Power Systems Helps Company To Join The Recycling Effort
- Christmas Time Switchgear Changes
- Out of Hours Peace of Mind
- EME Power Systems Fast Response for Major Food Manufacture
- Importance of Regular Intrusive Maintenance
- NHS Challenge
- Automated Packaging at Malvern Worcestershire
- Christmas Arrives Early
- Challenge Accepted
- Through these uncertain times...
- Hayley Paddock Joins EME Power Systems
- Challenging Times
- Low Carbon Electricity
- Our excellent installation teams complete essential works
- Fast Response
- Essential Maintenance
- Solution to a tricky transformer replacement
- It's A Cut!
- EME Power Systems Quarterly Update
- Infrastructure Upgrade
- EME Power Systems Continue As Normal
- It's Cold Inside
- Double transformer failure leads to double success
- Steve Harrison Joins the Company
- Class Cancelled
- Now For Something Slightly Different
- Go Green and Save Pounds
- Cable Fault Repair
- Lincoln Prison
- EME Power Systems Renewables
- An Early Summer Break - Out With The Old, In With The New
- EME Power Systems Midweek Break