EME Power Systems were recently involved in a replacement transformer project at a site in Nottingham.
The site which has to remain operational 24 hours a day, had long planned a shutdown with the use of generators and back up systems and with one week to go we took delivery of a new Wilson Power E3 transformer.
This was positioned at site in a holding area in readiness to be installed after the weekend. Early on the Monday morning after the weekend, we received a phone call from the principle contractor Electract to advise that during the storm Franklyn a branch from one of the major trees in the area had snapped and crushed the lid of the transformer before flipping into the access road way. One bay to the left or right and the tree would have missed the transformer
Upon inspection it was clear that the lid and lid flange had been damaged and that air was getting into the transformer. Our Hiab team Difficult access Cranes were immediately on hand to deliver the transformer back to Wilson Power Solutions who had the transformer stripped , stoved , repaired and re tested within 3 days and the unit was heading back to site in time for the Shutdown.
The project contractor Electract had the following to say:
As you are aware we are complete and ready for power on at the police HQ this morning which is actually one day early! I would like to take this opportunity to thank you Steve Harrison, your team at EME Power Systems and the manufacturers of the transformer Wilson Power Solutions. With everything stacked against us after the high winds landed a tree on our new transformer you have all worked really hard to deliver the transformer back to us on time (actually ahead of schedule).
Please pass on our thanks to all parties involved it hasn’t gone unnoticed and is very much appreciated. Well done.
- The Benefits of Carrying Out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- EME Transformer Stock Saves the Day!
- PARTIAL DISCHARGE TESTING
- Helping to Mitigate the UK Energy Crisis
- EME Power Systems Helps Company To Join The Recycling Effort
- Christmas Time Switchgear Changes
- Out of Hours Peace of Mind
- EME Power Systems Fast Response for Major Food Manufacture
- Importance of Regular Intrusive Maintenance
- NHS Challenge
- Automated Packaging at Malvern Worcestershire
- Christmas Arrives Early
- Challenge Accepted
- Through these uncertain times...
- Hayley Paddock Joins EME Power Systems
- Challenging Times
- Low Carbon Electricity
- Our excellent installation teams complete essential works
- Fast Response
- Essential Maintenance
- Solution to a tricky transformer replacement
- It's A Cut!
- EME Power Systems Quarterly Update
- Infrastructure Upgrade
- EME Power Systems Continue As Normal
- It's Cold Inside
- Double transformer failure leads to double success
- Steve Harrison Joins the Company
- Class Cancelled
- Now For Something Slightly Different
- Go Green and Save Pounds
- Cable Fault Repair
- Time For A Quick Change Around
- Lincoln Prison
- EME Power Systems Renewables
- An Early Summer Break - Out With The Old, In With The New
- EME Power Systems Midweek Break