Tuesday 21st February, 2017
Inmates at Lincoln Prison narrowly avoided being served their porridge cold this Christmas time.
Over the holiday period EME Power Systems were called to attend to a loss of an HV circuit providing supply to half of the Victorian prison. With the site operating on standby generation and with diesel running low there were still hungry prisoners to feed.
The call was received mid-morning and EME Power Systems were on site within the hour working on a solution. A cable fault location was carried out and area of damage identified; unfortunately the damaged section was inaccessible and a new 50M section of cable needed to be installed to repair and divert the cable.
Civils teams were drafted in by EME Power Systems and they worked continuously to provide a new cable route; cable jointing, pressure testing and re-energisation immediately followed.
EME Power Systems Director, Robert Horn, said "I would like to say thank you to all of the team involved in this; the fault was challenging in both its nature and environment and required high technical skills and competence to resolve."
- PARTIAL DISCHARGE TESTING
- Storm Franklyn
- Helping to Mitigate the UK Energy Crisis
- EME Power Systems Helps Company To Join The Recycling Effort
- Christmas Time Switchgear Changes
- Out of Hours Peace of Mind
- EME Power Systems Fast Response for Major Food Manufacture
- Importance of Regular Intrusive Maintenance
- NHS Challenge
- Automated Packaging at Malvern Worcestershire
- Christmas Arrives Early
- Challenge Accepted
- Through these uncertain times...
- Hayley Paddock Joins EME Power Systems
- Challenging Times
- Low Carbon Electricity
- Our excellent installation teams complete essential works
- Fast Response
- Essential Maintenance
- Solution to a tricky transformer replacement
- It's A Cut!
- EME Power Systems Quarterly Update
- Infrastructure Upgrade
- EME Power Systems Continue As Normal
- It's Cold Inside
- Double transformer failure leads to double success
- Steve Harrison Joins the Company
- Class Cancelled
- Now For Something Slightly Different
- Go Green and Save Pounds
- Cable Fault Repair
- Time For A Quick Change Around
- EME Power Systems Renewables
- An Early Summer Break - Out With The Old, In With The New
- EME Power Systems Midweek Break