Out of Hours Peace of Mind
3rd December 2021
EME Power Systems offer an out of hours service offers 24/7 peace of mind and we are proud to have a team who are ready to react and respond.
EME Power Systems out of hours number received a call at 19.00 hrs on Tuesday the 12th of October 2021 from a non contracted HV customer.
We were informed that the power at the trading estate that he owned had lost all supply and that approximately 8 businesses that operated from that estate were affected.
After receiving the call and establishing that the fault lay with the customer network (and not the DNO’s) our engineers moved to action and were present on site by 20.00 hrs that same night.
EME Power Systems Senior Authorised Engineer started sectionalising the fault, moving the system open point to enable all of the site to be re powered.
The next morning our engineers were on site early with our HV test trailer to start locating the fault which had been sectionalised to a 100 metre section from the incoming RMU to the first Substation. By mid morning the fault was located and the civils team deployed to start the excavation works.
The cable was repaired and the ground reinstated the same day and all the security of the ring system was switched back in.
The client was delighted with the service and response he received and how quickly the situation was dealt with commenting that “ we cannot thank EME Power Systems enough for the way in which this has been handled and for the speed of response.
Contracting Engineer Steve Harrison commented: "Having a ring system in place proved to be the saviour for this client as a fault developed and the system was switched around to allow all of the tenants to be placed back on supply quickly without the need for costly generators. Had this client not been on a ring system the tenants would have been off power for 24 hours which can be very costly to most businesses".
We cannot thank EME Power Systems enough for the way in which this has been handled and for the speed of response.
- The Benefits of Carrying Out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- EME Transformer Stock Saves the Day!
- PARTIAL DISCHARGE TESTING
- Storm Franklyn
- Helping to Mitigate the UK Energy Crisis
- EME Power Systems Helps Company To Join The Recycling Effort
- Christmas Time Switchgear Changes
- EME Power Systems Fast Response for Major Food Manufacture
- Importance of Regular Intrusive Maintenance
- NHS Challenge
- Automated Packaging at Malvern Worcestershire
- Christmas Arrives Early
- Challenge Accepted
- Through these uncertain times...
- Hayley Paddock Joins EME Power Systems
- Challenging Times
- Low Carbon Electricity
- Our excellent installation teams complete essential works
- Fast Response
- Essential Maintenance
- Solution to a tricky transformer replacement
- It's A Cut!
- EME Power Systems Quarterly Update
- Infrastructure Upgrade
- EME Power Systems Continue As Normal
- It's Cold Inside
- Double transformer failure leads to double success
- Steve Harrison Joins the Company
- Class Cancelled
- Now For Something Slightly Different
- Go Green and Save Pounds
- Cable Fault Repair
- Time For A Quick Change Around
- Lincoln Prison
- EME Power Systems Renewables
- An Early Summer Break - Out With The Old, In With The New
- EME Power Systems Midweek Break