Emergency Response to Storm Babet’s Disruption
Over a 3 day period during October Storm Babet wreaked havoc across the UK delivering over 100mm of rain in places, which resulted in severe disruption to several major aspects of life across many areas of the country, with loss of electrical supplies and some catastrophic failures being just one.
During this period EME Power Systems’ out of hours emergency response line received and attended over 15 calls to customers requiring assistance due to flooding. Our engineers and operatives assisted by liaising with the DNO for HV isolations, co-ordinating with providers to minimise any downtime and at one point assisting the Nottinghamshire fire brigade who themselves probably felt as though they were fighting a losing battle with Babet!
The battle with Storm Babet was won in respect of achieving minimal downtime to our customers’ operations and, once Babet subsided leaving devastation in its wake, customers were left with both cleaning up and repairing the damage caused. With the support of EME Power Systems customers could concentrate on other matters whilst we alleviated any concerns regarding their electrical network by carrying out any necessary after fault maintenance, repairs or replacements in order to get their networks back to their normal operating status.
With the wind at our back our Engineers were not deterred and all calls for assistance were managed, showing the importance of ensuring you have an HV service provider with the appropriate levels of emergency support. EME Power Systems prides itself in having a good track record of delivering this support when called upon.
Our knowledge, experience and contacts - along with carrying our own in house stock of HV switchgear, transformers, cable, joints and consumables - puts us in pole position to assist in restoration of supplies in quick time, temporary or permanent.
Steve Harrison, Contracting Engineer
- Welcoming Samantha Collishaw and Reducing Carbon Footprint
- Ardagh Glass Transformer Replacement
- Considering Voltage Management to Help Cut Bills?
- Graham Haydn-Davies Retirement
- LV Sub-Main Fault
- Cable Joint Failure
- Phil Shaw Retirement
- Directional Drilling
- Pre-Planned Maintenance
- Energy Savings Factsheet
- The Benefits of Carrying Out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- EME Transformer Stock Saves the Day!
- PARTIAL DISCHARGE TESTING
- Storm Franklyn
- Helping to Mitigate the UK Energy Crisis
- EME Power Systems Helps Company To Join The Recycling Effort
- Christmas Time Switchgear Changes
- Out of Hours Peace of Mind
- EME Power Systems Fast Response for Major Food Manufacture
- Importance of Regular Intrusive Maintenance
- NHS Challenge
- Automated Packaging at Malvern Worcestershire
- Christmas Arrives Early
- Challenge Accepted
- Through these uncertain times...
- Hayley Paddock Joins EME Power Systems
- Challenging Times
- Low Carbon Electricity
- Our excellent installation teams complete essential works
- Fast Response
- Essential Maintenance
- Solution to a tricky transformer replacement
- It's A Cut!
- EME Power Systems Quarterly Update
- Infrastructure Upgrade
- EME Power Systems Continue As Normal
- It's Cold Inside
- Double transformer failure leads to double success
- Steve Harrison Joins the Company
- Class Cancelled
- Now For Something Slightly Different
- Go Green and Save Pounds
- Cable Fault Repair
- Time For A Quick Change Around
- Lincoln Prison
- EME Power Systems Renewables
- An Early Summer Break - Out With The Old, In With The New
- EME Power Systems Midweek Break