EME Power Systems were pleased to have been awarded the contract to both design and build a new HV / LV substation at Princes in Long Sutton.
The instruction was placed with us in July, with the requirement of power on by the 28th September. The challenge was made greater as a result of works being unable to start until the beginning of August due to planning issues. Our project involved the laying of some 440m metres of HV cable and a bespoke base and brick built building all of which were designed and constructed in around 6 weeks. As soon as the initial building work was completed, the LV panel, transformer, ring main unit and Power Factor Correction units were lifted into position before the roof was then installed. These were then connected along with a 1000A sub main in just a couple of days to meet the energisation date. As usual, we undertook all liaising with WPD, builders and our suppliers to ensure the energisation date was met.
“This was an incredibly tight window in which to complete the works, especially with planning complications and longer than normal lead in times, the fact that we delivered on this for our customer, particularly against the back drop of the pandemic was a real achievement and a testimony to the tight team that we have here at Sleaford – thanks to all of our staff involved - this was a great result for company”. James Grigg, Electrical Engineer
- The Benefits of Carrying Out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- EME Transformer Stock Saves the Day!
- PARTIAL DISCHARGE TESTING
- Storm Franklyn
- Helping to Mitigate the UK Energy Crisis
- EME Power Systems Helps Company To Join The Recycling Effort
- Christmas Time Switchgear Changes
- Out of Hours Peace of Mind
- EME Power Systems Fast Response for Major Food Manufacture
- Importance of Regular Intrusive Maintenance
- NHS Challenge
- Automated Packaging at Malvern Worcestershire
- Christmas Arrives Early
- Through these uncertain times...
- Hayley Paddock Joins EME Power Systems
- Challenging Times
- Low Carbon Electricity
- Our excellent installation teams complete essential works
- Fast Response
- Essential Maintenance
- Solution to a tricky transformer replacement
- It's A Cut!
- EME Power Systems Quarterly Update
- Infrastructure Upgrade
- EME Power Systems Continue As Normal
- It's Cold Inside
- Double transformer failure leads to double success
- Steve Harrison Joins the Company
- Class Cancelled
- Now For Something Slightly Different
- Go Green and Save Pounds
- Cable Fault Repair
- Time For A Quick Change Around
- Lincoln Prison
- EME Power Systems Renewables
- An Early Summer Break - Out With The Old, In With The New
- EME Power Systems Midweek Break